Health and support services

A list of organisations, websites and services that offer alcohol support, counselling and information.

On this page

Alcohol-related harm is a long-standing, complex issue with no easy fix. The Banned Drinkers Register (BDR) is one of several measures to protect Western Australians from alcohol-related harm.

There are health and support services available to people who want to manage their alcohol consumption including public and not-for-profit services.

Individuals can also request the Director of Liquor Licensing to place them on the BDR to help them take control of their alcohol consumption whilst also seeking assistance with any challenges that they may have.

Voluntary applications require a person to provide their name, image of their photo ID (for example driver's licence), date of birth, address and contact phone number to the department by emailing

Recent amendments to the Liquor Control Act 1988 have enhanced the BDR trial to allow for medical practitioners and social workers to apply to the Director of Liquor Licensing for their patient or client to be listed on the BDR if they are concerned that their misuse of alcohol is a serious risk to the health, safety or wellbeing of that person or others.

Regional health services 

Region-specific health service contacts and locations.
Page reviewed 26 March 2024