Regional Exhibition Touring Boost
Regional audiences are being connected with the State’s art collection through the $8 million Regional Exhibition Touring Boost program.
The first exhibition in the Freighting Ideas project is How Did I Get Here? and includes some of the country’s most engaging and accomplished
photographic and video artists.
The exhibition started in Katanning and will travel to the following places:
- Collie Art Gallery July 19, 2019 to September 1 2019
- Ningaloo Centre, Exmouth September 13, 2019 to October 13 2019
- Bunbury Regional Art Gallery January 17, 2020 to March 1 2020
- Carnarvon Library and Gallery May 15, 2020 to June 19, 2020
- East Pilbara Art Centre July 3, 2020 to August 9, 2020
- Geraldton Regional Art Centre August 21, 2020 to September 12, 2020
The tour is delivered in partnership by ART ON THE MOVE and AGWA.
Over the next six years, the Regional Exhibition Touring Boost will create more opportunities for regional Western Australians to engage with visual arts by increasing the number of touring exhibitions available to regional audiences.
The Regional Exhibition Touring Boost program will also assess and upgrade regional galleries, offer professional development for gallery staff and artists, and improve gallery education resources and digitised learning programs.
In addition, a major
Aboriginal exhibition at the Art Gallery of Western Australia that builds on the highly successful and important Desert River Sea
is being commissioned and will also tour widely.