This form does not save. If you close this page, your information will be lost.
This form is to be used by local governments for an application to the Minister for Local Government for approval to impose a differential general rate under section 6.33(3) of the Local Government Act 1995 (opens a new window) that is more than twice the lowest differential rate being imposed.
To assist with completing the application form, please ensure that the Rating Policy: Differential General Rates (opens a new window) is reviewed. This policy outlines the legislative basis for an application as well as what guides the Minister’s decision when considering applications.
The information you provide will be used by the Department of Local Government, Sport and Cultural Industries for the purpose of assessing the application.
Should you require assistance with completing this form, please call us on 61 8 6552 1530, toll free for country callers on 1800 634 541 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For a Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) telephone 13 14 50.
Before submitting this application, please ensure that:
- all matters within the Rating Policy: Differential General Rates have been complied with separate application forms are used if submitting an Unimproved Value (UV) and a Gross Rental Value (GRV) application
- separate application form to be used when submitting a Minimum Payment Application
- public notice has been for a period of at least 21 days, not including the date of advertisement
- all relevant attachments are included as applications won't be processed until all relevant attachments are received by the department
- adequate consultation has been undertaken (for example, if there are fewer than 30 ratepayers in a category, each ratepayer should be contacted individually)
- local governments may also wish to view the Rating Processes webinar (opens a new window).